Earth Disturbance Permit (Grading Permit)

An Earth Disturbance Permit (also referred to as a Grading Permit) may be required if your project involves any of the following:
  • Adds more than 1,000 square feet of new impervious surface
  • Earthmoving over 1,200 square feet on existing developed properties (regardless of the amount of new impervious surface)
  • Alter drainage patterns
  • Accelerate erosion
  • Adversely impact adjoining properties
  • Interfere with existing stormwater facilities
  • Work that disturbs more than 20 cubic yards, total, of earth removed
If you are unsure whether you need an Earth Disturbance Permit, please call the Township Engineering Division at 610-825-3535 x 2626 to verify. 

Contact Us

  1. Whitemarsh Township Building & Permits

    616 Germantown Pike
    Lafayette Hill, PA 19444

    Ph: 610-825-3535
    Fx: 610-825-6252


    Monday - Friday
    8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

    Staff Directory

Planning & Zoning

  1. For information related to Planning & Zoning such as 
    • Use & Occupancy
    • New Construction
    • Subdivision & Land Development
    • Zoning Districts, 
    • Conditional Use
    • Zoning Hearing Board and more
    Visit the Township Planning & Zoning Department page.